[Seaside] Javascript Integration

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Sun Apr 5 04:21:56 UTC 2009

Hi folks .. a newbie here.

I just took a great Seaside workshop, given by James Foster of GemStone.

One issue that I didn't understand as well as I'd like is Seaside-
Javascript integration.  I know Prototype/Scriptaculous (and others)
are used, but I wasn't clear what the *architecture* of the
integration was.

For example, are there tiny code fragments built up by the component
libraries that create a script?  Is there some smalltalk-to-javascript
translation taking place?  Is there a Seaside specific javascript
library loaded onto the client that makes for smooth integration with
seaside?

I'd *love* a pointer to a tutorial on Javascript integration.  Or
pointers to which classes to read in detail -- the ones actually
spouting javascript and receiving the Ajax XMLHtmlRequests.

Thanks!

     -- Owen