[Seaside] Store example in sweaside 2.8

John McKeon p3anoman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 20:35:44 UTC 2009

Hey Brent

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Brent L. Cloward <bcloward at msn.com> wrote:

>  Hi all, I have been following the squeak dev for many years and have been
> working on cobalt with AS Koh and company.  We have a need now to create a
> store on the web and are very happy to see the example.  However, still
> being very new to smalltalk we are still confused as to how to get the store
> to create the new html code for the browser.  We go in to the item array and
> make a change there and can not get it to show this new change in the html
> on the browser.  We have many years of programming in Delphi and now would
> love to move to Squeak.  But we can not yet find the Doc. That will help us
> with this question.
>

> Can you please direct us to an answer.

Where are you making the changes? In the itemSpecs? If so you need to
re-initialize the WAStoreInventory default by setting it to nil. Inspect the
class then use Do-it on "default := nil". This will force the class to
rebuild the inventory from the (changed) itemSpecs array.

This is probably not the best thing for a "real" store with changing
inventory. But it is _just_ an example.

Hope this helps.

John McKeon
(fellow Delphi convert :)