[Seaside] Some very basic questions about replacing my webstack

James Robertson jrobertson at cincom.com
Wed Apr 8 04:06:02 UTC 2009

To answer for VisualWorks

-- we support SSL
-- There is an LDAP implementation in the public store repository,
although it is not supported by Cincom
-- We support SMTP, as well as the client side POP and IMAP
-- We support a number of databases, including Oracle, SQLServer,
PostGreSQL, and MySQL

We have support for Seaside 2.8 in the shipping version of
VisualWorks, and we plan to support 2.9 when it is released.  You
might be interested in looking at what we're doing with Web Velocity,
which integrates Seaside, Active Record support built on top of GLORP,
and rapid development directly in the web browser

You can see what we're doing with Web Velocity here:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/cincom/blogView?content=smalltalk_daily_coming_attractions

James Robertson
Cincom Smalltalk Product Evangelist
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView
Talk Small and Carry a Big Class Library