[Seaside] Anybody see this?

Gaëtan Le Brun gaetan.lebrun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 11:50:14 UTC 2009

> There are a couple good solutions I've found lately.
>>
>> ActiveScaffold for Ruby on Rails is great for just getting CRUD happening
>> - I used it to avoid writing a LOT of admin UI on a recent project.
>>

> I imagine and I still think that this is cruelly missing in Seaside.

SandstoneDb written by Ramon Leon could be a solution for small web projects
:

http://onsmalltalk.com/sandstonedb-simple-activerecord-style-persistence-in-squeak

I do not ask the seaside team to work on that but as a community we could
> really get something.
> Right now for such kind of applications people should go to ruby -- sounds
> bad to me.
>
> Stef
>

>> Django has "the admin" module - also really amazing as an easy to
>> customize admin solution (but not from the browser).
>>
>> Good end to end solutions are appearing for data editing - but not so much
>> for more conventional application widgetry with layout management and such.
>>
>> On Apr 8, 2009, at 11:51 PM, stephane ducasse wrote:
>>
>>  I still think that this is not that easy to define really stupid
>>> applications managing list of items.
>>> There is a lack of ready to customize solutions.
>>>
>>>        edit
>>>        add/delete
>>>        see report
>>>        output report
>>>
>>> for really stupid items.
>>> I see this as a reccurring patterns.
>>>
>>> I imagine the same for
>>>        tabbed
>>>        menu
>>>        navigation

Gaëtan Le Brun
www.linkedin.com/in/gaetanlebrun

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", A.Kay, 1971