[Seaside] Correct usage of Comet

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:10:05 UTC 2009

On 4/13/09, John Toohey <johnptoohey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lukas,
>
>  Is it the network.http.max-connections-per-server key in Firefox that
>  controls this? The default in the latest Firefox is set to 15, for
>  this key. I also found
>  network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server which is set to 18.

Even if your browser has a larger value, unless you can control your
user browsers, most of your clients probably still have 2, since that
was recommended setting used as default by almost all browsers. So
mybe it is wiser to work with lower number.

Now if I can hijack part of you thread, I would like to know if anyone
has experience with more heavy Comet load, like tens or hundred of
listeners and several messages to each in a second? Could typical
intel server running Seaside handle something like that?

many thanks,

rush
http://www.cloud208.com/