[Seaside] Log Out Without Expiring

Sigrid E. Mortensen sigridm at lightlink.com
Mon Apr 13 17:18:14 UTC 2009

I am using Seaside 2.8.

I would like to do something different when a page expires than when
the user logs out.  In the first case, I'd like to put up a page that
tells the user the page has expired, and in the latter case, I'd like
to just redirect to the log-in page.  In the latter case, the session
should also be expired, to make it necessary to log in, but it should
not tell the user that the session has expired.

What is the easiest way to do this?

What I have tried is to create my own subclass of WAApplication and
override the #handleExpiredRequest: method, wherein I replace the line
	self redirectResponseFor: url
with
	self redirectHandler redirectPageExpiredTo: url.

This puts up the notification when the page expires.  However, since I
am using
	self session expire
on a log-out, I get the same notification when the user logs out.

If I leave in the original code, an expired page and the log-out both

Seems I can do one or the other, but not both.

I have considered making my own Session class, but can't figure out
how to access it, since self session returns nil in an inspector.

Thanks for any help,
-- Sigrid.