[Seaside] Four proposals to improve Seaside

Benjamin Pollack benjamin.pollack at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 18:01:44 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Ramon Leon <ramon.leon at allresnet.com>wrote:

> [...]

Please, please, stop feeding the troll.  Even if the fellow has legitimate
complaints, I see no reason to engage someone too scared to use his own
name, yet all too willing to accuse others by name of behaving with malice
aforethought.  Part of why I've enjoyed using Squeak off and on for the last
thirteen years (!) at this point is that, for the most part, despite any of
its flaws, I've found its community bright, friendly, and open.  These
threads are at best one of three; at worst, exercises in megalomaniacal
hubris.
Here's my suggestion: the overwhelming number of "horrible problems" that
have been pointed out so far (admittedly excepting documentation) can be
"fixed" in about an hour using the Rewrite Tool and the Refactoring Browser.
 Rather than complaining so loudly about horrible conspiracies, the blogger
can simply make the changes, publish a changeset or Monticello package
somewhere, announce it, and let us all take a look.  If the new Seaside is
better, I'll be happy to use it--as, I'm sure, would many other Seaside
developers.  Otherwise, I'll stick to the existing code base, which has
served me wonderfully.

In the meantime, I've added a rule to Gmail to automatically trash these
threads, since the incredibly personal nature of the nominally objective
attacks sadden me, and I do not wish to view them.  I would gently encourage
other readers on this list to do the same and get back to work.

Cheers,
--Benjamin