[Seaside] Swazoo, VisualWorks, and Seaside 2.8

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Mon Apr 20 19:13:25 UTC 2009

Ah, I looked at SeasideServer before but I was baffled by the lack of
instance side methods.  Everything is in the class methods.  Okay, so
I look at the rootDirectory method.  It returns 'seaside'.  Is this a
disk folder?  I change it to point at my static files using the
rootDirectory: method and now my app isn't even found.  My Seaside app
isn't a disk file, so why does this affect it?

Am I supposed to use WAExternalFileLibrary for this?  It forces a very
long URL.  The class comment gives this example  http://localhost:7777/seaside/files/external/myfile.png

With the VisualWave server I can do this http://localhost:7777/myfile.png

Or I can specify a subfolder of the public root:

   http://localhost:7777/special/myfile.png

I realize that I can write my own WAFileLibrary subclass, but it seems
like it should be easy to do what I need out of the box.

Thanks,

-Carl