[Seaside] Swazoo, VisualWorks, and Seaside 2.8

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Mon Apr 20 19:19:21 UTC 2009

> Am I supposed to use WAExternalFileLibrary for this?  It forces a very
> long URL.  The class comment gives this example
> http://localhost:7777/seaside/files/external/myfile.png

This path comes from the WADispatcher mostly. If you look at
WADispatcher default, you'll see that under 'seaside' is a WAFileHandler
registered as 'files'. The file handler looks at all subclasses of
WAFileLibrary and in the case of files that are external to the image,
we called it #external.

You can register your own file handler at any entry point you want.

Seaside 2.9 has another mechanism for doing external files built in to
it that I'm not familiar with yet.

Cheers,
Michael