[Seaside] [OT][ANN] - SqueakDBX first stable version 1.0!!!

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 21:40:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is a bit off topic but as there were some mails about relational
> > persistence in another threads, I tough It could be useful for someone.
>
> Thank you for announcing this release, this is definitely not OT. I
> think it is very important for open-source projects like Pharo, Squeak
> and Seaside to have the access to relational databases like Oracle.
> Although when having a free choice I would rather use PostgreSQL (or
> no relational database at all), but sometimes customers explicitly ask
> to integrate or use an existing database. If the same driver can be
> used for various types, the better. I will definitely look at
> SqueakDBX.

Thanks for your nice words. That's exactly why we did SqueakDBX. It's nice
to see that other people get the idea.

Seaside give Smalltalk a big push into the real enterprise applications. For
a long time Smalltalk was used for several purposes like research,
simulation, education, and so on.

We also want to give a little push in the persistence aspect.

Greetings,

Mariano