NAT'd IP's Re: [Seaside] Seaside session stealing

Nevin Pratt nevin at
Wed Apr 22 01:12:30 UTC 2009

> Please don't make the mistake of presuming "ip == user".
> You've already identified the case (behind a NAT) where many users share the
> same IP, but consider also the "walled garden" of AOL users, where the same
> user can come in from different IPs during a single session.
> You must allow for that.

Are you sure we still have to allow for that?  AOL made changes in late

But, it really doesn't matter if AOL "walled gardens" are still a
problem or not, because the NAT problem is still there.  So, doing a
simple IP check is still a problem anyway.