[Seaside] Strange error with Comet and Seaside 2.9-a3

John Toohey jt at parspro.com
Wed Apr 22 02:47:17 UTC 2009

I have a render method for a table like so :-

renderUser: aUser asRowOn: html
	|id|

	id := 'bm-', aUser id asString.

	html tableRow id: id; with:
		[html
			tableData: [html anchor class: #underline;
							onClick:((html jQuery: #ebmd) load html: [:r | r render: (self
editUserComponent: atUser id)]);
							with: aUser userName];
			tableData: aUser role;
.
.
.

The onClick script calls a JQuery Dialog that pops up, and when I
click on Save, I fire an Announcement, that is registered in the same
component. The Announcement methods is like this :-

addUser: aUser
	self pusher javascript: [ :script |
		script << (script jQuery: #usertable)
			append: [:html | self renderUser: atUser asRowOn: html]
		]

When the #renderUser is called from #addUser, and the tableData code
is invoked, I get an error. This is a partial stacktrace :-

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #withoutParameters
	Receiver: nil
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aMessage: 	withoutParameters
		exception: 	MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>withoutParameters
		resumeValue: 	nil
	Receiver''s instance variables:
nil

JQLoad(JQAjax)>>enableCallbacks
	Receiver: $("#ebmd").load("/","")
	Arguments and temporary variables:

	Receiver''s instance variables:
		owner: 	$("#ebmd")
		callback: 	nil
		callbackId: 	nil
		selector: 	nil

JQLoad(JQAjax)>>callback:
	Receiver: $("#ebmd").load("/","")
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aBlock: 	[] in JQLoad(JQAjax)>>html: {[context := self
requestContext.  context ...etc...
	Receiver''s instance variables:
		owner: 	$("#ebmd")
		callback: 	nil
		callbackId: 	nil
		selector: 	nil

JQLoad(JQAjax)>>html:
	Receiver: $("#ebmd").load("/","")
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aBlock: 	[] in BookmakerRootComponent>>renderUser:asRowOn: {[:r | r
 rende...etc...
		context: 	nil
	Receiver''s instance variables:
		owner: 	$("#ebmd")
		callback: 	nil
		callbackId: 	nil
		selector: 	nil

If I comment out the tableData line, everything works fine. If I leave
in the tableData line, and comment out the Comet push script code,
everything is fine. Both pieces of code enabled, generates the error.

Any help, most appreciated.
--
-JT