NAT'd IP's Re: [Seaside] Seaside session stealing

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Wed Apr 22 03:58:54 UTC 2009

Yes, but sometimes there's a "good enough" solution.  It depends on your
security needs.

On my Seaside site, all that a security breach reveals is the postal
address of the person that got "breached".  No financial data is
compromised.  And, if a person is sophisticated enough to sniff the
packets, they are sophisticated enough to discover a person's postal
address some other way anyway (for example, by looking through a local
phone book).

I don't know that SSL is needed for such a small security issue.

But, if a normal user shares a URL with another normal user, it might
upset them to see the address of the first person on the website due to
a session hijacking.

So, I just need to detect these simple cases, and handle it gracefully.

Nevin