[Seaside] Session Issue

Stuart Herring st-lists at stuartherring.com
Thu Apr 23 12:40:08 UTC 2009

2009/4/23 Sebastián Perez Escribano <sebaspe at gmail.com>:
> Hi list, I need enter to my site using an url like
> http://www.host.com/component?id=number, I can do that implementing
> #initialRequest:. Now I need to reuse the same session for the diferents
> request. The users go to the component always using the url, for example:
> http://www.host.com/component?id=1
> http://www.host.com/component?id=2
> In boths examples I need the same session for the same user. The
> #initialRequest: creates always a new session? Is it possible?

>From what I understand #initialRequest: is called any time the _k is
missing - it doesn't necessarily mean a new session has been created,
only that as far as the component is concerned, it's the first request
to that particular component within a session - so as long as you're
using cookie based sessions, it should all Just Work.

Ramon's blog post on Clean URLs in Seaside
(http://onsmalltalk.com/clean-urls-in-seaside) provides some useful
information here - and I recently used that advice to achieve exactly
the effect you're aiming for.

Regards,
Stuart.