[Seaside] Porting Lively Kernel into Seaside

Michael Ross-1 kmr1642 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 19:12:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get an idea of how much work would be involved in setting up
Lively Kernel (LK) to work in Seaside. (I've done a few webpages in Seaside
but have no experience enhancing Seaside code). LK is written in JavaScript,
so I imagine that the Scriptaculous package might serve as a starting model
for porting LK into Seaside, like storing the LK code as is done in the
SULibrary class.
It's the Seaside linkage that puzzles me - I don't have a clue what's
required here.
But I want to keep it simple, at least until the LK demo page is working.
So right now, when the demo page starts in the browser, I just want
Seaside to serve the LK javascript code to the browser and see what happens.

Any tips on how to proceed? what to modify? level of difficulty? Comments?

Thanks,

-Michael

Lively Kernel HomePage at Sun Labs
http://research.sun.com/projects/lively/