[Seaside] Seaside + JQuery example page on port 9090?

Steve Aldred aldreds at velocitynet.com.au
Thu Aug 6 23:35:51 UTC 2009

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Thierry> I was referring to the links on http://www.seaside.st/about/examples.
> Thierry> The ones pointing to jQuery, jQueryUI and Scriptaculous.
>
> Those examples are also in the one-click image, as I recall.  Just download
> the image, and run it locally, if you're on a needlessly impaired internet.

Needlessly or not if you're living in a bureaucratic organization with a
high level of paranoia filters for other than the most common ports exist.

If we want Seaside to be widely accessible, all of the
demonstration/example code should be available on port 80 and not
needlessly moved to some other port. Let the 'experts' hosting the
examples map the request however they like but let those in restricted
environments be free to explore all that is out there.

Anything that makes it more difficult for people to access information
in other than the most obvious way makes it more likely they will give up.

cheers
Steve