[Seaside] Seaside + JQuery example page on port 9090?

Dave Bauer dave.bauer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 00:10:45 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Randal L. Schwartz<merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Boris> I agree. In fact many personal firewall products also block uncommon
> Boris> ports such as this one and only leave things like 80, 443, 25 etc by
> Boris> default.
>
> That's completely nuts.
>
> There's nothing more "dangerous" at port 9090 than at port 80.
>
> Anyone who constructs such a firewall is hopelessly naive, and if
> you're using such a product, turn it off, and demand a refund.

That is totally besides the point. Unfortunately the Seaside community
regularly tries to scare away those interested in the product by
giving unhelpful advice.

Everyone expects publically available web sites to be on port 80.
Anyone who is trying to market a web site product should understand
that people will expect stuff to be available on port 80, and also
understand the technique to make it available that way.

Dave