[Seaside] Seaside + JQuery example page on port 9090?

Steve Hayes steve.hayes at cogentconsulting.com.au
Fri Aug 7 02:28:44 UTC 2009

On 07/08/2009, at 12:10 PM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Steve> Why exclude interested people just because some other
> decision makers
> Steve> in their organizations are idiots?
> And I'm not excluding anyone.
> If you're behind a stupidly configured firewall, just download the
> one-click
> demo.  But you'd be better off also getting your stupidly configured
> firewall
> working better, so as not to just solve this problem, but many others.

If someone just wants to see if something works, they may very well
not want to go to the bother of convincing another group to change
their corporate firewall policies and/or download and install an
application. They may decide to look at another technology/solution
instead. The Seaside community can decide if it wants to include those
people (make an evaluation easier for them) or not. There's no
inherent right or wrong.

I think we've established that you can't use the one-click demo to
look at JQuery examples because it's 2.8.4.

I will say that I'm fleeing the Ruby on Rails community because of my
perception of the arrogance and uncooperative behaviour of the core
group at a technical level. My impression to date was that the Seaside
community was more interested in things that "just work" and on being
inclusive and accessible.

Steve Hayes

Cogent Consulting
twitter: steve_hayes