[Seaside] Seaside + JQuery example page on port 9090?

Thierry Thelliez thierry.thelliez.tech at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 15:05:39 UTC 2009

Sorry about the noise generated by this thread.

The real issue was that I was in a user group meeting comparing
different web frameworks. The room was filled with various PHP, Java,
Ruby developers. During a JQuery discussion, I suggested that they
have a look at Seaside. The access for the examples from the local
public Wifi did not work. I had to come up with vague excuses, since
all the other sites seemed to work.

I suspected that port 9090 was the issue. Not untypical for a public
wifi. It could have been that the server was simply down. That would
have been unfortunate. Maybe the server(s) should be monitored?

But again the issue is that a quick access to examples is needed. Yes
I could have preloaded an image. But in that case I needed a quick
easy access.

Thierry