[Seaside] Seaside + JQuery example page on port 9090?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Aug 7 15:31:22 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Thierry" == Thierry Thelliez <thierry.thelliez.tech at gmail.com> writes:

Thierry> I suspected that port 9090 was the issue. Not untypical for a public
Thierry> wifi.

I use free wifi all around the world.  I can't recall when *any* of those
blocked port 9090.  The only time I've had trouble getting to a port 80/443
was when I was on a "guest" wireless in a classroom where I was teaching,
and some local IT guy had misunderstood non-standard ports as being "more
dangerous" than standard ports.  This is part of why I'm bringing this
up in this conversation... it *isn't*.

Thierry> It could have been that the server was simply down. That would have
Thierry> been unfortunate.

This is *far* more likely.  In fact, somewhere else in this thread, that was
already noted.

Thierry> Maybe the server(s) should be monitored?

It's all about volunteer resources.  Are you volunteering? :)