[Seaside] More jQuery questions!!! Rendering on dialogs...

Robert Sirois watchlala at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 11 04:38:19 UTC 2009

Here's the case in question:

A dialog is rendered on the root component, and pretty much just hangs out.

My master plan involves rendering links and whatnot on it so it acts like a little floating menu. So, changing pages re-renders the dialog contents with new links.

I've messed around with a few different ways of doing this and sorta settled on announcements within ajax callbacks (or regular callbacks, doesn't matter too much at this juncture).

My problem lies in sending the information within an announcements payload. WAComponents work fine, but I was hoping I could just use a method such as the following (this oughta show my Seaside knowledge heh):

self session announce: (TOCAnnounceUpdateActionMenu on: (newWindow menuContent: html)).

menuContent: html
    html text: 'blah'.

I get this error:

MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "print:" is nil

I have to pass in a real object, huh?

Thanks!
RS