[Seaside] Questions about double (or more) request

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 13:46:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

2009/8/6 Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/6 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>:
>> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 4:16 AM, Philippe Marschall
>> <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seaside doesn't discard anything, the browser has to. Here's a rough
> sketch of what happens:
> - You initiate a content exchange for the "callbacks page".
> - The browser sends a request.
> - The Seaside callback machinery kicks in.
> - Before Seaside can send a response you initiate three more requests
> resulting in three more requests.

> Seaside doesn't really have a problem with this, it will process these
> requests one after another, meaning "executing" the same "callback
> page" several times and send the redirect response to the render page
> for each one. However the browser has, he has just one pane where he
> can render the resonse. So he'll have to discard all but one of the

Wouldn't it be useful to have one-time callbacks?

Once it has been executed (block activation, message send, etc), it
can't be run again. Raising an exception if so.
This can be optional on certain, user defined, callbacks.

I know #isolate: can do the trick, but being a decoration, it works at
component level as a whole, at a #call: level (flow).
If I have an action callback, executing something via ajax, I would
not want to execute it twice.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo