[Seaside] Startup glitches

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 06:46:13 UTC 2009

> I consistently get this error the first time I start up the Pharo + seaside
> image:

Please use the One-Click image provided on the Seaside website.

> I'm trying to work through the first seaside tutorial:
> http://www.seaside.st/documentation/tutorials/A+Walk+on+the+Seaside
>
> The first discrepancy is that there's no "eye" icon, but a magnifying glass
> icon after I click "Toggle Halos".

There are tooltips on the halo buttons that give a descriptive label
of the action being performed.

I also created a bug report that the tutorial should be updated to the
latest Seaside:
<http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=432>.

> The second is that when I try to modify
> the increase method, I get the same error I get at startup:
> [
> Seaside Walkback
>
> Deprecation: use instead: Author fullNamePerSe

Pharo is in an early beta stage. If you don't have prior Pharo
experience it is better if you stick with the ready-made image
provided on seaside.st. This image is also Pharo-based, but we've used
it for a while to make sure that basic functionality is there.

Please keep on asking questions.

Cheers,
Lukas

--