[Seaside] simple example for a simple man?

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 18:44:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Lawson English<lenglish5 at cox.net> wrote:
> Boris Popov wrote:
>>
>> If you're using VisualWorks,
>>
>> (HttpRequest post: 'http://mydomain.com/post-handler.php')
>>   formData: (Array with: 'hello' -> 'world');
>>   execute
>>
>> -Boris
>>

> AH thanks, definitely at my level, but I'm using pharo/squeak...

If you're trying to create an outgoing HTTP connection, Seaside
doesn't deal with that directly. In Squeak, you could use HTTPSocket
(see class-side methods such as #httpPost:args:accept:). I don't love
the implementation, though, and you might also want to look at the
Curl plugin if your needs are at all complex.

Julian