[Seaside] simple example for a simple man?

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri Aug 21 07:40:01 UTC 2009

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2009/8/20 Göran Krampe <goran at krampe.se>:
>> Lawson English wrote:
>>> Thanks. At this point, my needs are exceedingly simple. But, its not
>>> obvious to me how to get started. At the simplest level, I simply want to
>>> create one or more webpages of arbitrary GUI complexity that can POST input
>>> to some external website from a page served in localhost.
>> The Seaside GUI bit I presume you can easily pick up in Seaside tutorials
>> (the book) or whatever.
>>
>> Making POSTs from Squeak can be done using various means - Curl (you need
>> the plugin though) and HTTPSocket (old "standard" stuff) probably all can do
>> it - but you also have HttpClient:
>>
>> http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/httpclient
>
> Download link is broken since a long time ago.

Aha! But the SqueakMap cache has it, so installing/downloading using the
SqueakMap Package Loader should work. Otherwise, download this URL
(lesser known SM trick) and rename to proper filename:

http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/httpclient/autoversion/1/cache

regards, Göran

PS. I might have some patches for it in that project I built... Ask for
them and I can dig. :)