[Seaside] Uploading an image using AJAX and iframes

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 19:57:38 UTC 2009

> This works – but it loads the entire page into the iframe, again. I would
> rather just load an html stub containing a javascript which indicates if the
> upload was successful or not and executes in the context of the original
> html. I tried to return a response during the setting of my component's
> image instance-variable but this does not work.
> Has anybody an Idea?

You need to start a new render loop (to avoid that the parent page is
displayed within the frame) and display some component. Try to add the
following code at the end of the method #image:

  WARenderLoop new
      show: (WAComponent new
           addMessage: 'File successfully uploaded';
           yourself)
      withToolFrame: false

Replace the expression within brackets with your own component that
displays the confirmation.

Cheers,
Lukas

--