[Seaside] About Deployment

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Dec 1 16:27:40 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Frederic" == Frederic Pluquet <fpluquet at ulb.ac.be> writes:

Frederic> An important point is that Php is a dynamic typed language. The
Frederic> convertion will be so easier than Java.

Even so, it's very unlikely that you could build anything as complex as the
WAContinuation class (which is fundamental to Seaside) without interpreting an
entire *new* object framework using PHP as essentially a VM, losing all of its
native object traits.

Frederic> So my question is the next one to the Seaside developers: what are
Frederic> the big obstacles to achieve this goal ?

Do you have 5 to 10 man-years to throw at this?

I think it's far easier to just allocate an appopriate host. :)