[Seaside] KomAjpServer

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Dec 10 08:15:39 UTC 2009

Udo Schneider wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm currently evaluating KomAjpServer
> (http://www.squeaksource.com/KomAjpServer) as an alternative way to
> doing regular reverse-proxying with apache.

Perhaps it does not fit at all, but you also have Blackfoot (SimpleCGI
implementation) as an alternative way of serving Seaside:

http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/blackfoot

It was a while since I worked on it but last time I played it worked
fine with Cherokee and it performs better than plain Kom, for some
reason it especially seems to handle load much, much more gracefully.

Nginx (lemme take a look... nah, still not fixed) has a rather messy
implementation, and it is a largely unmaintained addon, and although I
fixed a few bugs in the Nginx module (!) it never made it into upstream
(although I sent it). So unfortunately I don't think Nginx is a good
server for SCGI.

Lighttpd and Apache should hopefully work fine, but I haven't tested them.

regards, Göran