[Seaside] Issue 514 3.0 one click image hangs on tests (was Re: 2.1Using the One Click Image ??)

Stan Shepherd stan.shepherd414 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 12:51:21 UTC 2009

Lukas Renggli wrote:

> I get the attached failures, which is to be expected.
>
> 2009/12/20 Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>:
>>> What version of the product are you using?
>>> 3.0.5a
>>> pharo 10502
>>> ubuntu 9.04
>>> On what operating system?
>>>
>>> Stops on test 2484. Will try to narrow it down
>>
>> The test run on my machine. Some of the refactoring engine tests are
>> really slow though. Some of them take a few minutes to complete.
>>
>> Keep in mind that this is unstable software. Pharo and Seaside have
>> both not been released.
>>
>>> code completion is off
>>> higherPerformance is off
>>> fast drag windows off
>>
>> Note, that the image is a build script that I use to build my own
>> development images, it is not a polished distributions. Code
>> completion is not turned off, it works perfectly me. You might be used
>> to OCompletion, I prefer ECompletion that might behave different than
>> you expect.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch
>>

> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

It ran through this time. I got:
8720 run, 8691 passes, 19 expected failures, 10 failures, 0 errors, 0
unexpected passes

I'm pretty sure it froze because I had two instances running in the same
directory. Should Pharo check for that?

Lukas Renggli wrote:

>  Note, that the image is a build script that I use to build my own
>  development images, it is not a polished distributions

Yes. My feedback is based on the assumption that there needs to a fairly
stable release that matches
the book (which I think is great). I'm putting together a learning setup for
myself on JQueryUI, and would like it to be on the same version as the book.

I'll keep working towards such a version for myself; let me know whether
it's useful to provide feedback on this version, or whether I should wait
for a release version.

>From a marketing point of view, the book needs to match the image, doesn't
it?. Perhaps the book needs to refer to the 2.8.4 version for now?

Cheers,   ...Stan