[Seaside] Issue 514 3.0 one click image hangs on tests (was Re: 2.1Using the One Click Image ??)

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 16:43:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >From a marketing point of view, the book needs to match the image, doesn't
>> it?. Perhaps the book needs to refer to the 2.8.4 version for now?
>
> We are in the process of changing it to 3.0.

Stan does make a good point, though. The book is such an excellent
resource and it would really increase its value if people could get at
a stable 2.8.4 version of the book while contributors are updating it
for 3.0. I can see that the mix of 2.8 and 3.0 content in a live,
bleeding-edge version of the book would be very confusing for beginner
Seaside users, who are the main target of the book.

Also, having only a 3.0 version of the book kind of pushes people into
using the 3.0 alpha, which is a bit unfortunate, given that the book
is targeted at beginners while alpha releases are targeted at
experienced developers. The fact that people are asking for a
one-click and we said we wouldn't provide a one-click until beta kind
of points to this.

Julian