[Seaside] https requests from seaside with client certificate

webmail at pielka.de webmail at pielka.de
Tue Dec 22 10:39:13 UTC 2009

Hello Philippe and Julian,

thanks for pointing me to the curl approach. This works. I used the following command line:

curl --cert <ClientCertificate>.p12:<CertificatePassword> --cert-type P12 --cookie-jar cjar -d @sap.xml -H "Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8" 'https://<UserAtSAPSystem>:<Password>@<SAPServer>/<WebServiceURI>

@sap.xml file contains the soap call XML.

Best Regards,
Kai-Uwe

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Philippe Marschall
<philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/21 Kai-Uwe Pielka <webmail at pielka.de>:
>> Hello dear seasiders,
>>
>> first thanks for the great seaside tool.
>>
>> I plan to use seaside to develop a proxy to SAP's new Business By Design
>> software. This software can be accessed by https requests. But it requires
>> client certificate to be provided by https client. This means that seaside
>> has to provide the client certificate if it makes https requests to the SAP
>> tool.
>>
>> I'm using the newest seaside pharo image from seaside.st
>>
>> I investigated the cryptography package but it seems that this does not
>> support client certificates.
>>
>> Is there any possibility to support client certificates in https requests
>> that are sent from seaside to a https server? Unfortunately I'm neither a
>> seaside nor a cryptography expert.
>
> If the CurlPlugin [1] doesn't support it then you probably need to use
> OSProcess to invoke curl or wget directly.

Or possibly use stunnel running on the Seaside server to encrypt and
pass on your requests.

Julian