[Seaside] JSObject printOn:

Stan Shepherd stan.shepherd414 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 12:12:33 UTC 2009

Hi, throughout the system, printOn: appears to be used to provide meaningful
information about an object for developers. In particular, it's what you see
in an inspector.

Am I right in thinking that in JSObject and JSJoin it is more of a rendering
method?
For example, you if try to use JSRenderingTest>>#testScript as an example,
you get the detail attached. you have anObject, and the details shown are
mock.

http://n4.nabble.com/file/n976924/mockdetail.png mockdetail.png

Shouldn't JSObject>>printOn: be something else, so printOn: can show
information in the inspector? And

addLoadScript: anObject
	loadScripts := loadScripts copyWith: anObject.
	^ anObject

could more meaningfully reference aJSObject ?

As we rely on examples instead of documentation, these little things can
really impede 'getting' what a class is doing, IMHO.

Cheers,   ...Stan