[Seaside] AJAX-submitted textarea problem

Sebastian Nozzi sebnozzi at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 1 19:54:28 UTC 2009

Dear Seasiders,

I think I might have found a bug (?). Anyway, it's something I didn't expect.

When submitting a textarea normally (that is via submit button,
without AJAX) the newlines reach my Smalltalk code as CR+LF. So far so
good. When I submit that form using AJAX (Scriptaculous, using "html
updater... ; triggerForm: formName") the newlines in the String appear
as LF+LF.

I am using Safari on MacOS-X, Seaside 2.8.3.572, Scriptaculous
2.8.3.242 from Damien's sq3.10.2-7179web08.11.1 image.

Sorry if this has been brought up before.

Thanks a lot!

Sebastian

P.S. Is there a quick way to replace that two-character sequence in
the String until that gets fixed? (or not).