[Seaside] Seaside 2.9-A2 JQuery serialize forms

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 07:32:06 UTC 2009

> Mold, http://kentreis.wordpress.com/2008/08/27/mold-form-validation-for-seaside/,
> is a form validation utility that I use to perform rule base validation of
> my form fields. Haven't been able to get it to work with #formSerialize, so
> I reverted to standard form elements, as you suggested, and it works now.

Was this framework ever updated to Seaside 2.9a2? It probably requires
a few tweaks as it depends on some internal parts of the system.

> I tried to-day to get JQuery autocompleter to work, but I am using 1.6 RC 5
> and it does not seem to be supported. The pre-loaded JQuery UI in Seaside is
> 1.6 RC2, the autocompleter is included there,  and although I can get it to
> work using only those libs, my theme based forms no longer work. Adding the
> autocompleter JS code from the preloaded libs to an external JS file, and
> I guess I should wait for the final Seaside build and the 1.6 release of
> JQuery-UI to get it all working.

jQuery-UI 1.6 final was supposed to be released a few weeks ago. This
still doesn't seem to have happened though. Unfortunately the release
candidate that comes with Seaside 2.9 is (partly) broken with the
final version of jQuery 1.3. It is simply too much work to adapt the
release candidates, I am currently waiting for the final version.

Note that the CSS themes of jQuery-UI were totally overhauled:
<http://blog.jquery.com/2008/12/31/jquery-ui-16rc3-its-getting-really-close/>.
Also note that the AutoCompleter won't be part of jQuery-UI 1.6, this
is only scheduled for 1.7. See http://wiki.jqueryui.com/ for details.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli