[Seaside] textInput callback is not used

Marco Qualizza mlq at codedaemon.com
Tue Feb 10 12:17:44 UTC 2009

(inlined)

On 10-Feb-09, at 2:49:45.000 AM, Zirbler wrote:

>> Yes, that's how HTML works. Form elements (textInput, checkBox,
>> submitButton, ...) need to be inside a form.
>>
>> Philippe,
>> thanks for confirmation. Does a form has scrollbars if the form is
>> greater
>> than the viewing window.
>> cjb

An HTML form isn't actually a visual element -- it just logically
groups all of the form elements (radio buttons, drop downs, check
boxes, input fields, etc) so that they can be submitted as one set of
data.  As far as I remember, and it's been a while since I've played
with HTML, you can't actually assign styling (e.g. background colours,
borders, etc) to a form.  But, if the "contents" of the form is bigger
than the viewing window, then yes, you will get scroll bars.

-m