[Seaside] JQuery updating DOM elements

John Toohey jt at parspro.com
Tue Feb 10 19:52:41 UTC 2009

On a JQuery dialog, I would like to update the text input fields with
default data, based on the data entered in the first field. I have the
following code for the first field :-
html span class: 'formdata'; with: [html
textInput
id: #tournamentname;
value: tournamentEvent tournamentName;
callback: [:value | tournamentEvent tournamentName: value. self test: value
on: html];
onChange: (html jQuery ajax serializeThis)].

When a change occurs, I want the callback to call an update method, to
update the remaining fields. Currently I have a small test method here. This
is the code for the test method :-

test: value on: html
(html jQuery: #potsize)
         html: DateAndTime now

#potsize is the id: of another field in the dialog. My callback works, but
the DOM is not updated. What is the correct way to update other DOM elements
in this fashion?

Thanks.
--
-JT