[Seaside] JQuery updating DOM elements

John Toohey johnptoohey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 18:56:57 UTC 2009

Changed the code to this :- html span class: 'formdata'; with: [html
textInput
id: #tournamentname;
value: tournamentEvent tournamentName;
callback: [:value | tournamentEvent tournamentName: value];
onChange: ((html jQuery: #potsize) load html: [:h | h render: 999 ])].

Now I'm just trying to change the default value of #potsize to 999, and I
can see the initial request being sent to the server, but nothing is updated
on the client.

I tried to load the Slime package from your site, but received a lot of
errors from my Pharo image. I can run the Slime tests that are included with
Seaside 2.9 successfully, but can't see how to run Slime on my own code.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks.

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> > - How do I use Slime with my Code? Using the latest Pharo image, and have
> > found the Slime classes, but not sure how to use them.
>
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/slime
>
> > - Tried this :-
> > html span class: 'formdata'; with: [html
> > textInput
> > id: #tournamentname;
> > value: tournamentEvent tournamentName;
> > callback: [:value | tournamentEvent tournamentName: value];
> > onChange: (html jQuery ajax serializeThis; html: [:r | r render: [self
> test:
> > 1 on:  r]] )].
>
> You need to specify somewhere what element to change, right?
>
> - You can either do that by sending back a javascript that does the
> update of the particular element. In this case you would replace
> "html: [ :r | .. ]" with something like "script: [ :s | s << (s
> jQuery: '.someid') html: DateAndTime now ]". This is very powerful,
> but also a bit complicated.
>
> - Or (and this is probably what you want) you can use the ajax-loader
> on the particular DOM node. So just replace "html jQuery ajax" with
> "(html jQuery: '.someid') load".
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli