[Seaside] fulltime seaside position

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Feb 18 07:02:05 UTC 2009

At Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:39:59 -0500,
Sean Allen wrote:

> Seriously though, EST, NYC? Does it make a difference? Central office is NYC. I work all hours. Doesn't much matter to
> me.
> What is this timezone obsession some people have? Maybe if it wasn't mention, it wasn't considered important?

  Sorry for turning the thread to an unexpected direction.  I'm not
obsessed with timezone, and I'm not interested in where the office is
at all (I didn't ask it).  It was just that our team is also
geographically distributed, and it often does matter to know when to
expect responses from other members, and setting up typical meeting
time, etc.  (Unless the applicant is also supposed to work all hours.)

  It is no fun to wake up 2:30 am and listening in a conference call
once a week (or more).

-- Yoshiki