[Seaside] VNC Problem on Gentoo

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Fri Feb 20 15:37:25 UTC 2009

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>> Did anybodyelse have a similar problem with this?
>>>

>> Yes, copy through VNC kills the squeak VM (not just the VNC session).
>> This has been the case for as long as I can remember...just never had
>> the time to try to correct it.
>>

> I am also using a Gentoo machine as server and I have several images
> running on it with RBF (the native Squeak VNC server). Never observed
> any problem with the clipboard.
>
> Lukas

I didn't see Andreas' post here so I'll paste it below.  Only happens on
headless images.  FWIW, I've modified my deployment image as he
suggested and it has taken care of the problem entirely.

David

------------from Andreas

The problem is that when you run headless the clipboard primitives die.
The easiest way to fix this is to just comment out the primitive 141 in
both primitiveClipboardText/primitiveClipboardText:

Cheers,
  - Andreas