[Seaside] Scriptaculous Updater Problem

Joel Turnbull joel at ardishealth.com
Wed Feb 25 03:15:06 UTC 2009

Hi, I'm having problems with the scriptaculous updater, I simply can't
get it to work.

As a test case I set up a WAComponent and copied two methods directly
from the "ajax" tab at http://scriptaculous.seasidehosting.st/. The
example renders the time and updates every second, and I can see it
working on that site. For me the page renders but the time is frozen.
The methods are below.

renderContentOn: html
html paragraph
    script: (html updater
        every: 1 second;
        on: #renderTimeOn: of: self);
    with:[ self renderTimeOn: html].

renderTimeOn: html
   html render: Time now

I've tried this on two seperate images, the 2.8.3 Seaside Developer and
Damien C's 3.9.1 web. Both Firefox and Chrome give me PeriodicalExecuter
errors.

FF Error Console - PeriodicalExecuter is not defined
Chrome Javascript Console - Uncaught ReferenceError: PeriodicalExecuter
is not defined

What am I missing?