[Seaside] Create an SUUpdater without using the WARenderCanvas

Lautaro Fernández evaklo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:54:02 UTC 2009

Hello list, I was wondering if it's possible to create an instance of
SUUpdater without using the normal:
(html updater) id: 'anID'; callback: [:renderer | someNiceRendering ].

If I do the following:
updater :=  SUUpdater new.
updater url: 'http://localhost:8080/seaside/meteoroid/counter'. " == html
context actionUrl withoutParameters"
updater addParameters:  #('_s'->'GaMJovPCAHDxFKZT' '_k'->'VLnoRkpz'). " ==
html context actionUrl parameters"
updater id: 'anID';
        callback: [:renderer | someNiceRendering ].

It generates a JS(*), but when it renders the Update it does inside a div,
not inside the body.
(*) meteoroid.eval('new Ajax.Updater(\'count\',\'

So, It's possible to create a SUUpdater without the normal html? (of course,
it has to work in an page)

Thanks in advance
Lautaro Fernández

PS: Why do I need this? because I'm doing a rendering process inside a model
and I'm inserting that updater into the page via Comet, but I don't want to
keep the 'html' inside the page as an instance variable, just the values I
need (like the url and the parameters).

Luke LAut SkyFernadezWalker