[Seaside] Create an SUUpdater without using the WARenderCanvas

Lautaro Fernández evaklo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 17:41:47 UTC 2009

2009/2/25 Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>

> Maybe a feature request in the issue
> tracker would put some pressure on us ;-)

I'll report it tomorrow

> > PS: Why do I need this? because I'm doing a rendering process inside a
> model
> > and I'm inserting that updater into the page via Comet, but I don't want
> > keep the 'html' inside the page as an instance variable, just the values
> > need (like the url and the parameters).
>
> It sounds a bit ugly, that the model needs to know about the view.
> What about applying the observer pattern (or one of its incarnations),
> so that the view gets notified about changes in the model? Like this
> your model and view would be separated and you could create the script
> from the right context.

I had simplified the context of our framework, our model indeed does not
know anything about the observers. What it does(the model) is to trigger an
Announce, and then (via announcements mechanism) all the dependents get that
announce. The ugly part, is that we use blocks to "render the announcers"
and therefore we need to put the html inside the block, or inside the web
page.

We will see if doing more hacking or just simply add the html is good for
us.
As always, thanks for your quickly response.
Lautaro Fernández

> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> --