[Seaside] Single or multiple instances of application top-level class?

Richard E. Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Thu Jan 1 19:47:34 UTC 2009

On Jan 1, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2009/1/1, Richard E. Flower <rickf at ca-flower.com>:
>> Up to now, I've been assuming that the top-level application class
>> had
>> its own instance per connection.. Is my assumption correct or is this
>> a singleton class?
>
> Assuming we're talking about WAApplication it is one instance per URL.
> This instance in concurrently accessed.

Thanks for the reply.. Just a few more questions.. I went and checked
my main top-level class and its
derived from WAComponent and not WAApplication.. This code was
originally developed in Seaside
2.5 and moved forward to version 2.8 now.. Should I instead be using
WAApplication?

Also, when you mention one instance per URL, can I equate that to be
one per Seaside application
or can it be associated with connections?  Your wording above sounds
like its one per Seaside application,
but I wanted to double-check.. Currently my code assumes its one
instance per connection and has
a 'content' object.. I want to ensure that IF this is a singleton then
I need to refactor things a bit to ensure
this 'content' object moves elsewhere..

Thanks!