[Seaside] [ANN] Seaside 2.9 Alpha 2

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 18:23:49 UTC 2009

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> It would be far more useful to have Sake/Packages definitions from the
>> outset. Why not have a new class PackagesSeaside, or even just Seaside.
>> Why not do it the other way around, define the dependencies in
>> Sake/Packages and build the builder on top of that. It will even sort
>> the load order for you.
>>

> I've added an experimental export option for Sake/Packages. I tried to
> add as much meta-data as possible and it seems to work.
>
> I don't know how useful this is though. Seems to be less intuitive
> than the other two options and is takes a very long time to load even
> a small code base. Maybe there is something wrong with the
> Sake/Packages definition?
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
I have integrated your generated code to form part of the master
'Packages-Library', namely the "Seaside29Builder" class, which is
subclassed by Seaside29 and Seaside29Beta. This enables users of
Sake/Packages to use Seaside2.9 parts in Installer scripts just like any
other package.

e.g.

Installer sake
    addPackage: 'Seaside-Examples';