[Seaside] semi-static URLs in Seaside

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 09:14:00 UTC 2009

> I'm aware of the updateUrl:/initialRequest: combo to generate bookmarkable
> URLs. However I just noticed that on seaside.st (Pier) even the calling
> components' links to child components are already altered! How is this
> achieved?

Have a look at the implementation, for example in the one-click image.
The start is in WAAnchorTag>>#goto: that sets the callback and
dispatches to different other objects to modify the URL accordingly.
Of course you don't have to add such a class extension. There is a
read-accessor WAAnchorTag>>#url, that lets you change the URL object
the same way you are used to from #updateUrl:.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli