[Seaside] Blackfoot now works with Seaside!

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Mon Jan 5 22:38:01 UTC 2009

Hi all!

Ok, today I released 0.1 of Blackfoot (on SqueakMap) - my SimpleCGI
implementation aimed at serving Seaside fast through an external web
server like Nginx.

I have tested it early on with Cherokee and now lately using Nginx and
its mod_scgi (...*BUT* I had to repair mod_scgi - and I haven't released
those fixes yet).

The status right now is that Seaside 2.8.2 in Squeak 3.10.2 seems to
work pretty fine (=just having clicked around) with ONLY Blackfoot (no
KomHttpServer, TcpServices or DynamicBindings needed) installed.

Blackfoot is terribly small - only 4 classes if you discount some
examples etc. So I think anyone can grasp and grok this code easily. And
it is faster than KomHttpServer - although I don't have numbers to post
right now.

I intend to write more about this in the coming few weeks and put it to
a harder test in Gjallar. Feel free to grab and play - using Cherokee
should be simple (it has a full web admin UI) although I had problems
with the UI using the latest version before christmas.

regards, Göran