[Seaside] How to process undefined input

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Jan 20 16:41:26 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I am being pushed to create a Seaside component that can process input fields
that haven't been defined in the form/component. The input fields will be
created by javascript when a button is clicked. It is expected that the server
will not be involved when this button is clicked. On the button click, a new row
of input fields will be created by the javascript in the web browser. The user
will enter data into these input fields. This process may be repeated, so many
new rows with new input fields may be added. Ultimately, a button or menu item
will be clicked and the data sent to the server. I need to catch this data and
save and deal with it.

I know this is not the normal way to obtain data but the tail is wagging the dog
here  . It would be nice if the elements of each row could be bound to an object
but I will take what I can get. Any ideas are welcome.

Lou