[Seaside] Re: How to process undefined input

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Wed Jan 21 21:21:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, January 21, 2009 11:27 am, Louis LaBrunda wrote:

> I am giving this a try but having a little trouble, if you could please
> post some sample code it would be a big help.

Lou,

This is exactly one of the things I need to put in my web-app as well
in the coming months... I'll be using it for order entry where a user
can start out with a single row and use a select box for items and when
an item is selected it will auto-populate some other select boxes in
the same row and in the far right there will be a "add" button to add it
to the current order.. Once the user is done with all of their rows,
they can "save" their order which will send it over to the server...
I did something like this in PHP several years ago and it was very
messy and problematic with various versions of IE.. I just retired
the old code for this site last weekend thankfully.. I'm expecting the
Seaside version to work much better across the board.. Anyway, hopefully
Lukas might point us to some AJAX code that can point us in the right
direction.. (8->