[Seaside] Re: How to process undefined input

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 21:40:23 UTC 2009

> the old code for this site last weekend thankfully.. I'm expecting the
> Seaside version to work much better across the board.. Anyway, hopefully
> Lukas might point us to some AJAX code that can point us in the right
> direction.. (8->

Have a look at SUUpdaterTest if you are using Scriptaculous, or at
JQAjaxFunctionalTest if you are using JQuery. Both tests demonstrate
how to add HTML to an existing page using an AJAX request . In your
case you probably want to replace the timestamp string with a block
that renders some traditional form fields. In any case use FireBug to
see the response of the AJAX request and how your favorite JavaScript
framework integrates it into the DOM.

Cheers,
Lukas

--