[Seaside] Re: Subclass WAApplication?

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:46:57 UTC 2009

Hi Lou,

If they're common across every instance of your application you could
also just put them on the class-side of an appropriate class in your
project (perhaps even your session subclass).

But, yes, if you have data that is common across all sessions of a
single instance of an application (but you want to allow multiple
instances of the application in the image at one time with different
data) you can certainly subclass Application. To use your subclass, go
to /seaside/config (or wherever you have the config app installed) in
your browser and under "Add Entry Point" choose the class and give it
a name.

You could also consider creating your own Configuration class if the
per-application data is just configuration state.

Julian